Monday, December 29, 2008

My Home

My new home for the year is in Dongbaek, which is a neighborhood in the city of Yongin, which is a suburb of Seoul. Confused? Join the club. Dongbaek is a nice, quite and quickly developing family neighborhood. On my days off (which are the weekends), as I am walking around town, I frequently hear "Krista Teacher, Krista Teacher" being shouted across the street by some of my very cute and friendly students. Here, I am ALWAYS Krista Teacher!


The Seoul subway line doesn't reach Dongbaek...yet! Fortunately, Korea has a great bus system in place so I am only a 40 minute bus ride away from Seoul city!



My apartment is about a 20-25minute walk from school or a 5 minute bus ride. It all depends on how late I sleep in! My apartment building is just around the corner from three other foreign teachers at the school. Soon, a new teacher will be moving into the apartment right next door!



Here are a few pictures of my apartment- before the makeover overhaul!








Yes... the shower is over the sink. However there is a drain on the floor so it isn't like I am literally showering OVER the sink. A little bit of a shock when I first walked in but it really isn't THAT big of a deal. Annette and my friends back home are having a harder time with in than I am! You just have to go with it!!






3 comments:

Erica Lance said...

Krista-
This shower that you have is weird....how do you do it?
-Dylan

MoJo said...

Since you have your own apartment I guess you do not have to worry about sharing your pillows with fellow roommates... oh wait you didn't do that anyway :)

Glad to hear you are loving it!!

Krista said...

HA HA HA HA HA.... you make ONE little mistake and no one can seem to forget it!!!